- We are located in Upcountry Maui, a mile above the town of Makawao, on the lower slopes of Haleakala crater.
- The address is 799 Piiholo Rd. Our check-in for ZIPLINE, TREETOP ZIPLINE and HIKING tours is at 799 Piiholo Road, 1.2 miles above Makawao Avenue. Get directions from our map. For the ZIP & WATERFALL HIKE COMBO tour, you will meet the Hike Maui van at the Kahului Park’n’Ride. Get directions from our map. If you are staying in South Maui, we offer pick-up at your hotel for an additional fee.
- We recommend renting a car for the day to come up here; there are many other wonderful sights to see. The Maui Bus only gets you to Makawao Town (Route 40), then there is a mile walk to the check-in location.
- You can also contact your concierge desk to arrange transportation.
- We do not offer a shuttle service, however, please feel free to contact any of our favorite car services, and ask about their special rates for Piiholo Ranch Zipline guests.
- Reservations are required; you will be asked to pay in full with a major credit card at the time of booking. Call (808) 572-1717.
- For a full 100% refund we ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice for a cancellation or change to your reservation.
- No refund for cancellations or reschedules within the last 48 hours prior to your tour.
- No-shows will be charged 100% fee.
- If you need to cancel due to illness or medical emergency, we will require a doctor’s note from a local Maui doctor/clinic in order to process a full refund.
- Our ziplines operate 7 days a week. Tours usually begin at 8:00 AM and run throughout the day until 3:00 PM, based on season and availability.
- We are closed for tours on Thanksgiving afternoon, New Year’s morning, and Christmas Day.
- Our Reservations Center is open 365 days a year, from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Hawaii Standard Time. Call (808)572-1717
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Please no Croc-style, walking sandals with open toes, Vibram FiveFingers, water shoes, or flip-flops.
- We recommend to dress comfortably for variable outdoor weather (such as pants or longer shorts) and to bring a hat, sunscreen, and a light cover-up.
- Don’t forget your camera! Make sure it has a strap for safety. Anything dropped on tour is gone for good.
- Don’t bring purses, backpacks, or large fanny packs; they won’t fit with your harness and we have no place to store such items.
- We do provide a storage box for your keys.
We offer three different discounts through our website.
The first is our “Early Booking” discount, which saves you 10% per person if you book more than 14 days prior to your tour date.
The second is our “Online Discount”, which saves you $10 per person if you book 14 days or less prior to your tour date. If you would prefer to call us directly, you can use our $10 discount coupons, which may be found in many on-island tourist magazines and websites.
The third is our “Super Saver 7” discount, which saves you over 30% on our brand new 7 Line Treetop Zip Tour!
We also offer Kama‘aina, Military, Senior, Group (8 or more), the A3H Gold Card, and Wyndham Aloha Card discounts. These are offered on direct bookings only; please call our Reservations Center at (808)572-1717
You are welcome to bring your own GoPro! However, please be aware our older helmet mounts may not be compatible with the mounts on newer camera models. Bring your head straps!
Please note: Final authorization to use any outside equipment rests with the tour guides.
First, a few comments:
We invest a lot of time and money training new employees, so we rarely hire someone who is just looking for a summer job.
The more you know about our island of Maui, the better, as a large part of your job will be answering lots of questions from our guests about Maui, and Hawaii in general.
You will be working daily with visitors from all around the USA, Canada and other places, so excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
The job also includes: working outdoors in conditions ranging from hot sun to pouring rain; porta-potties instead of normal facilities; setting up, hauling and maintaining gear; and hanging out with the best guides and staff on Maui!
If this sounds like your kind of job, send your resume to [email protected].
We hire 4 or 5 times a year, so we will hold your resume until our next round of interviews and then contact you.
One of the most common problems that comes up is not being able to book the desired number of people. This can be one of two things:
- There are not enough seats left on the tour to accommodate your group. Try another time or a different date.
- You are using an older version of your browser. Try updating to the most current version of the browser that you are using.
If you still are having problems, please give us a call at (808) 572-1717
- Age Restrictions:
- Minimum age of 8 years old for Zipline and Treetop Zipline Tours.
- Minimum age of 6 years old for Hiking Tours.
- There is no maximum age limit as long as you can physically handle all aspects of the tours.
- Guests under 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour. (Chaperon form required.)
- Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
- Weight Restrictions:
- Zipline Tours: 75 lbs to 275 lbs
- Treetop Zip Tours: 50 lbs to 250 lbs
- All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, carry a 12 pound trolley, grip handlebars, walk over uneven/muddy terrain, as well as ascend stairs and ramps.
- Please no guests with neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to zipline.
- Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Piiholo Ranch Zipline staff.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drug use allowed on the premises. Any guest judged by our staff to be unwilling and/or incapable of following instructions, or to cause or potentially cause a safety issue due to intoxication, drug use or any other reason, will be removed from the premises and no refund shall be given.
- Pregnant women
- People with any type of recent surgeries
- People with neck, shoulder or back problems
- People with knee or ankle problems
- People with any other medical condition which may be aggravated by this activity
All our tours operate RAIN OR SHINE. We do not refund for inclement weather, however, we do provide rain jackets when needed.
We will cancel tours in the event of lightning or thunder; we will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
In high winds or other adverse conditions, Piiholo Ranch Zipline reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours, based on management’s assessment of conditions. We will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
We offer a walk-along tour that accompanies the 4 Line Zip Tour, 5 Line Zip Tour, and Zip/Waterfall Hike Combo Tour. The walk-along tour covers less than a half-mile over gently rolling, unpaved terrain, and puts you ground-side as the zippers fly by overhead. It offers great photo opportunities as well as time to relax and enjoy the views among the tall trees! All guests on tour enjoy a break together with light snacks and beverages at our Tree House.
While we do not, at this time, offer a walk-along tour on the Treetop Zipline course, you are welcome to sit and enjoy some quiet-time at the picnic tables of the treetop launch area, or take a hike at the nearby Makawao Forest Reserve (ask the guides for directions.) The nearby small town of Makawao offers a variety of galleries, stores and restaurants to keep you entertained for hours.
If you have kids under the age of 8, there is unfortunately little to do at the zipline except sit at a picnic table. There are horseback lessons at nearby Piiholo Ranch (minimum age is 3) or a nice park about 4-1/2 miles away, it’s officially called the 4th Marine Division Memorial Park. It has a large grassy field and picnic tables.