Check In Requirements
– Mandatory check-in 45 minutes prior to tour time at the Outpost at 799 Piiholo Road, Makawao, HI 96768. Tours depart promptly.
– All guests must all sign a waiver to participate.
Age Restrictions IF UNDER 18
– Minimum age of 8 years old for Zip Tours and Canopy Tours. Age limit is strictly enforced.
– Minimum age of 6 years old for Hiking Tours.
– Guests under 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on tour. (Chaperon form required.)
– Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
– Weight restrictions are between 75 lbs and 275 lbs for Zip Tours and between 50 lbs and 250 lbs for Treetop Zip Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest will be weighed at check in.
– There are no weight restrictions for Hiking Tours.
Health & Physical Requirements
– All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, carry a 12 pound trolley, grip handlebars, and be able to walk over uneven, muddy terrain, as well as ascend and descend steeply-inclined terrain and/or short climbs.
– Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
– Pregnant women are not allowed to zipline. However, pregnant women may participate in Hiking Tours with doctor approval. Absolutely no jumping at waterfall on Zipline/Waterfall Hike Combo Tour.
– Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Piiholo Ranch Zipline staff.
– Guests must not scuba dive within 24 hours before the tour.
What to Wear
– Closed toe shoes are required. Hiking boots or shoes recommended. Vibram FiveFingers, Crocs, water shoes, open toed sandals, etc. are prohibited.
– We recommend to dress comfortably for variable outdoor weather (such as pants or longer shorts) and to bring a hat, sunscreen, and a light cover-up.
– Don’t forget your camera! Just make sure it has a strap for safety. Anything dropped on tour is gone for good.
Additional Items for the Zipline & Waterfall Hike Combo
– Wear swimsuits under clothes for swimming.
– Sneakers or heavy-duty sports sandals for rugged terrain for hike.
– Comfortable shorts and t-shirt.
– Bring a towel and sunscreen.
– Hike Maui provides guest(s) with a backpack, rain gear, bug repellent, water, snacks, and lunch.
Reservations & Cancellations
– For a 100% refund, cancellations and changes must be made at least 48 hours prior to tour date.
– No refund for cancellations or reschedules within the last 48 hours prior to tour date.
– No-shows will be charged 100% fee.
– If you need to cancel due to illness or medical emergency, we require a doctor’s note from a local Maui doctor/clinic in order to process a full refund.
– All our tours operate RAIN OR SHINE. We do not refund for inclement weather, however, we do provide rain jackets when needed.
– We will cancel tours in the event of lightning or thunder; we will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
– In high winds or other adverse conditions, Piiholo Ranch Zipline reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours, based on management’s assessment of conditions. We will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.